Meeting Room Policy
- Library meeting rooms may be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis to non-profit groups and for-profit entities. For-profit entities will be required to pay a fee of $25.00 prior to the scheduled event. Non-profit groups may use the facilities at no cost. (Library-related events will have first priority). The Library Director will determine if a group is a for-profit or non-profit group. There will be a $25.00 cleaning deposit for all groups if food and/or drink is served.
- During regular library hours library personnel shall be responsible for opening, closing, and securing facilities. Library hours are:
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday 9:00am to 1:00 p.m. Sunday Closed
- Audio-visual equipment is available. Please indicate on the meeting room contract any available equipment that you will need during the scheduled hours.
- All groups using the library meeting room must adhere to the “Patron/Disruptive Behavior” clause in the Patron Relation section and the “Unattended Children” clause in the Patron Relations section of Liberal Memorial Library’s Operations Policy.
- If minors are present in the meeting room during the scheduled time then a responsible adult supervisor must be in attendance throughout the schedule time.
- The individual who signs the meeting room contract will be financially responsible for any and all damages to the facility and/or equipment which occur during the scheduled time as indicated below.
- Those using the library meeting facility must assume full responsibility for any loss or injuries that occur during the scheduled times. The library provides no insurance to cover medical expenses, dental expenses, hospitalization and/or disability for any individuals attending a scheduled event. Liberal Memorial Library assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to equipment or items brought into the library or any liability which might arise through the use of the facility.
- The individual signing the contract must ensure that the meeting room will be returned to the condition in which it was found. Not doing so may result in not being allowed to use the room in the future. Library staff members will not provide custodial services. Please do not use tape or pins of any kind on the walls in the meeting room.
Meeting room occupancy must be at or below the maximum.
- 20 people for the Cooper-Clark Room
- 60 people for the downstairs meeting space
- Check in at the circulation desk when arriving to use the meeting room and sign the meeting room contract if you have not already done so. Library staff will open and inspect the meeting room before the scheduled time.
- Check out at the circulation desk at the close of the schedule event. Library staff will inspect and close the room at this time.
- The library meeting room cannot be reserved more than two months in advance. The library will not accept reservations for a series of meetings which would designate the library as the regular meeting place for any organization.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the building or on the premises.
- For parties involving food and drink, a $25 cleaning deposit is required prior to the event. The deposit will be returned the day after the event if the room is returned to its original state.
- If the library needs to use a library meeting space that is already booked, the library will contact the group scheduled to use the space and cancel their use of the space.
It is hereby agreed and understood that all approved applications for use of library facilities and/or equipment shall be subject to the conditions of the policy. By clicking continue you accept responsibility for adherence to meeting room policies and procedures, as well as any damages to facility.
By making a reservation online you agree that you have read and will follow the above written policies for meeting room use in the Liberal Memorial Library.
You will be asked to sign this application prior to using the room.
Thank you for your courtesy while using Liberal Memorial Library’s meeting room.