Program runs May 25th through July 3rd
This year our Summer Reading program will be held online using the Beanstack website and mobile app – Google Play or Apple App Store. You can also pickup a paper registration and bingo card at the library if you prefer an offline option.
The Way It Works
The adult program is for ages 18 and up. Earn badges by logging the books you read, by completing activities online (the activities are like attending virtual library events), and by writing book reviews. The badges will change to color from black/white as you earn them.
Earn 5 badges to get the completion badge and be entered into a prize drawing. Go above and beyond by earning 24 badges to be entered into our grand prize drawing!
How to Get Started
- Sign up on our site at https://lmlibrary.beanstack.org
- Select Register an Individual or Family
- Chose No if you haven’t used Beanstack with our library before
- Everyone is encouraged to participate — parents or guardians, start by registering yourself and filling out the required fields. You will be listed as the “Account Creator”.
- You’ll be given the option of adding children and other adults. They will be listed as Readers on the same account.
- You’ll sign in to the account using your email address or the username you created for your account.
How to Log Books Read
- Click the Log Reading and Activities button in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select the profile you would like to log to. If the family reads a book together, select All Readers to add the minutes read to everyone’s profile at the same time.
- On the calendar, select the day you would like to log for. It defaults to the current day.
- Scroll down to How many books were read? and enter the number of books you’ve read.
- You have the option of entering the title and author of what you’ve read.
- Would you like to include a review? You also have the option of writing a review about the book you’ve just read.
- Click the X on the top right of the screen to finish adding time to the log or click the back arrow to log time for another reader.
How to Add a Review
You can also write a review or post a picture review by selecting the Add a Review button at the top of the screen after you have closed the Log Reading section.
How to Complete an Activity Badge
Select the Activity Badges tab on the grey bar in the middle of your screen. From here you can select a badge for the activity you would like to complete. Completing an activity badge is like attending a virtual library event.