Program runs May 25th through July 3rd
This year our Summer Reading program will be held online using the Beanstack website and mobile app – Google Play or Apple App Store. You can also pickup a paper registration and reading log at the library if you prefer an offline option.
The Way It Works
Kids ages 0-5, read 20 books to complete the challenge and receive a prize.
Kids ages 6-12, read 15 hours to complete the main challenge and receive a prize, or go the extra mile and read 30 hours to receive an additional prize! Earn badges by logging your minutes read and by completing activities online. The badges will change to color from black/white as you earn them.
Stop by the Children’s Desk to pick up the weekly Kids Craft Kit.
How to Get Started
- Sign up on our site at https://lmlibrary.beanstack.org
- Select Register an Individual or Family
- Chose No if you haven’t used Beanstack with our library before
- Everyone is encouraged to participate — parents or guardians, start by registering yourself and filling out the required fields. You will be listed as the “Account Creator”.
- You’ll be given the option of adding children and other adults. They will be listed as Readers on the same account.
- You’ll sign in to the account using your email address or the username you created for your account.
How to Log Time Spent Reading
- Click the Log Reading and Activities button in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select the profile you would like to log to. If the family reads a book together, select All Readers to add the minutes read to everyone’s profile at the same time.
- On the calendar, select the day you would like to log reading time for. It defaults to the current day.
- Scroll down to Time Spent Reading. You can log time in minutes or hours. Ex: 3h, 20m.
- You have the option of entering the title and author of what you’ve read.
- Click the X on the top right of the screen to finish adding time to the log or click the back arrow to log time for another reader.
How to Add a Review
If you want to write a review or post a picture review, select the Add a Review button at the top of the screen after you have closed the Log Reading section.beanstack trivia challengeIf you want to write a review or post a picture review, select the Add a Review button at the top of the screen after you have closed the Log Reading section.
How to Complete an Activity Badge
Select the Activity Badges tab on the grey bar in the middle of your screen. From here you can select a badge for the activity you would like to complete. Completing an activity badge is like attending a virtual library event.
Questions? Contact us at 620-626-0180.